Update: Volunteer Opportunities as of October 7, 2020
posted 6 months ago by HomerHarrisHub from Homer Harris Hub COVID-19 Support
October is bringing plenty of opportunities to help neighbors as the COVID-19 pandemic persists. Please consider offering your time and effort to the organizations listed below.
Backpack Brigade needs volunteers OCTOBER 13 AND 15 to respond to Seattle Public Schools increased needs at recently opened additional meal sites.
- • Tuesday, OCTOBER 13, 4 packing volunteers 7:30-9am and 9am-10:45ish
- • Thursday, OCTOBER 15, 2 packing volunteers 9am-10:45ish and 3 driving volunteers 9am -11ish to pick up bags and deliver to School District
Byrd Barr Food Bank, 722 18th Avenue
- • Saturday, OCTOBER 17, 8 am to 1 pm, parking-lot food drive. 10-15 volunteers needed to help receive, sort, store deliveries as they arrive. 2- or 3-hour shifts preferred.
Cooks for Black Lives Matter Volunteers needed Saturday OCTOBER 17th and Sunday OCTOBER 18th to pick up food donations, pack and deliver CSA boxes. To sign up or for more information: Jude Watson, email@example.com
- • Pack bags and boxes of groceries for home delivery. Location is RVFB warehouse, 4205 Rainier Ave S.
- • At-Home Sandwich Making (Requires a Food Handlers License for at least one team member): Pick up sandwich-making materials once a week or every other week, prepare sandwiches at home, return them to foodbank for distribution to unhoused community members.
- • Home Delivery Drivers (requires RVFB onboarding and training)
Volunteer application is available here. For questions or more information, contact Jenn Charoni, Jenn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seattle Public Schools Virtual Classrooms There are lots of opportunities for volunteers to make a difference in the virtual classroom for SPS students and families most adversely affected by COVID-19. Students face numerous remote learning challenges, including: • Digital inequity, • New financial stresses, housing instability, • Conflicting work schedules of adults working outside the home - essential workers.
Weekly and one-time projects available. For more information visit this website.
Kandelia needs all kinds of bags for student meals and school supplies at Seattle World School. Prefer new or used clean paper grocery bags, but will also accept clean plastic bags and tote bags.
- • Drop off on Wednesdays, 11 to 4 pm, in front of Seattle World School, 1700 E. Union St., Seattle.
- • Other possible drop-off times are during food service hours in front of school Monday through Friday, 11 am to 1 pm, but make sure to label with Kandelia name.
For more information: Kristie Wong, email@example.com.
Post a new comment
News by topic
Other recent news
Homer Harris COVID-19 Support Work Winding Down
As we slowly recover from the pandemic and are beginning to see a glimmer of…
COVID relief grants for families with children
Abundance of Hope is providing financial assistance and essential items to families with children. Families…
YMCA - Rent Help for Young Adults
The YMCA is offering rent help for young adults. Apply if you meet ALL criteria: